As I sat down to start rambling about how I’m still sad about Chris Cornell passing and trying not to try while writing this post in the soundtrack of his voice in both Audioslave and Soundgarden and trying not to whip may I add, I heard the of my phone going off, being ready about another pointless email from a brand that wants me to promote another work out gear or something along these lines… have you even seen my blog?! Due to my pleasent surprise it was an email from a fellow blogger, Avril Marie! Thank you so much for this award, I feel honored to be nominated as personally I adore your blog!! Make sure to check her out! Without further ado, Avril sent me a list of rules of how it’s done, therefore let’s start!
My favourite blogger
Before I even was a blogger, I started reading them, and it all started from Lookbook.nu, I remember one of the first people I’ve followed on there was Olivia from OliviaEmily.com. I still read her blog religiously, and still do. Her style is the perfect mix of modern and elegant Goth with a touch of grunge, I am constantly lusting over her shoe collection and jewellery that is to die for! And I can’t be the only one as her amazing style and kind personality that can be seen though her very down to earth captions is followed by over 200k people on her Instagram. Which that following may seem quite intimidating but I can guarantee you Oliva is anything but intimidating. She’s unapologetically herself, shares her style and favourite brands that’s why in my opinion she stands out from the blogging community. Besides, she’s one of the nicest people I’ve met in blogging!
10 Random Facts about myself
1. My first two concerts where Tokio Hotel and Metallica in 2007, and that pretty much sums up my music taste till this day.
2. My first ever fashion experience was interning for a swimwear designer in her studio which till day was my favourite experience! If I could do it full time I would.
3. Unless kids are related to my family or friends, I really can’t stand children nor ever want any.
4. I had the same taste in music and fashion pretty much for 12 years.
5. When I was younger I use to get sleep paralysis, and didn’t find out that was it was until recently, I still get them from time to time, sucks.
6. When I was in my second year of college in order to maintain the level of work, blogging and writing I would sleep an hour a night, that lasted for two weeks until I crashed. Totally worth it though!
7. The reason why I’m not able to blog every single day is because most of the days it’s hard for me to get my thoughts together in one solid post. I have all the time and photos in the world though.
8. When I was about 5 years old I really wanted to be a nurse in the hospital for bugs, animal activist form an young age clearly.
9. Besides, from fashion, music and movies my other passion is travelling, my next big travel goals are Tokyo and America.
10. I get more attacked to bands and musicians than fashion designers or fashion industry in general.
1.What’s the best place you’ve ever travelled to?
Definitely, Germany, I adore the country,language, it feels rather nostalgic as I am partly German, and have family there as well. It’s also a country that my favourite band Tokio Hotel comes from, so also that aspect makes me feel connected to it. So far I’ve been to Hamburg, Berlin, Leipzig, Hannover, and new other cities when I was younger but can’t remember which ones. And I love each one of them! Berlin reminds more bit of London but more artsy and european, if that makes sense.
2.What is your favourite item of clothing you own?
It changes all the time depending on a season, however for over 10 years I always had such a deep connection with leather jackets, over the years the I grew a small collection of them, from real leather, to synthetic leather and now since being cruelty free, vegan leather gets all the prises. Oh and surprise, surprise I’m wearing faux leather jacket in this post!
3.Name someone who inspires you, and why.
I can’t name one person that inspires me really, I inspiration from so many people (& things!) My first inspiration was definitely Bill Kaulitz, who really showed me that it’s ok to be different and unique, he’s the reason why I wear heels, wear make up, and even have the style I have, also he’s open mind set and non judgmental approach to life and people really shaped who I am.
4.If you could have coffee with any musician, dead or alive, who would it be?
I would love to say Bill Kaulitz but I don’t want to get too repetitive! It would be amazing to have a coffee with John Lennon, I would love to find out how the fame back in the 60s had effect on him and other The Beatles members, what does he think about current music and culture, what did he think about before he got murdered, what that he’s fear? … ahh there would be so many questions and fantastic debates I’m sure!
5.What is your favourite tv show series?
American Horror Story (besides Freak Show, that season sucked in my opinion) I adore Dexter as well, true crime type of tv series in general… oh and Gossip Girl, because as my friend would refer to me I’m white trash ^_^
6.Salty or sweet popcorn?
Always 100% salty, although I do appreciate the sweet and salty popcorn.
7.How long does it take you to get ready in the mornings?
It’s either 5 minutes of and hour and there is no in between. 5 minutes if I am running late to work, because currently I dont do anything besides from that. If somehow I am seeing anyone or going out somewhere, or I’m simply getting ready to shoot a blog post or film it can take me up an hour.
8.If you could have any pet animal, what would it be?
I am currnetly an owner of a adorable misheach named, Bunia who is mine and of course the rest of my family’s pupper and I adore her. I wish I could have a long hair black cat, as they are so low maintaine, independent and elegant. Also my personality would totally go with the personality of stereotypical cat, besideds they are georgues creatoures!
9.How many tattoos &/ piercings do you have?
As we speak, I have my two ears pierced, also one extra piercing on my upper left year, I also priced my septum few weeks ago, and have two tattoos in typewriter font, both in my inner arm, one left other one right. And I’m planning lot’s more!
10.What is the most extreme thing you would put on your bucket list?
I would love to jump of a plane or a tall building!
11.What other hobbies do you have aside from blogging?
Besides from blogging I love editing, photos, videos as well as filming, even thought most of it can tie back into blogging. Oh and fashion styling and creative direction, unfortunately I wasn’t able to do it in a while.
1. Do you consider yourself a movie person or a music person?
2. If you could drink only one drink for the rest of your life, what would it be and why? (it can be alcoholic or not)
3. Do you have someone who helped you become the person you are today? It can be a family member, celeb etc
4. What fashion brand is your ultimate wardrobe goals?
5. Do you think the “numbers game” has changed blogging community for the worse? If so why?
6. If blogging wouldn’t exist what would you do instead?
7. If you could pick a festival line up, which bands/artists would you chose?
8. Did you make friends online before you met them in real life?
9. Besides from the personal approach, whats the biggest thing that makes blogging more popular then traditional media?
10. Do you feel like blogging community needs more diversity (race, gender, style etc)?
11. What’s the most embarrassing thing you’ve done while blogging (including shooting, posting etc)
Blogger: I nominate you (this suppose to me reference to Pokemon’s “Pokemon I chose you” ..
Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
Write about a favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers.
List these rules on your post.
Answer the 11 questions that are asked of you and post 11 of your own.
Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
I feel like I’ve done enough rambling for one post so the expiation of this outfit that I’ve worn months ago is unnecessary. Thank you once again Avril for the fab nomination and I hope the people I tagged will enjoy this as well! ^_^
Top– COS (similar)
Shoes – Converse High-Tops
Jeans– Bershka (similar tall version)
Moon Necklace – Shop Dixi (similar)
Leather Jacket – Thrifted (Vegan version)
Black Matt Choker & Ring – The Rogue and the Wolf
Let’s be friends ^_^